ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Raspberry Delight

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Raspberry Delight




This is Rocky's favorite cake. Everytime I make it, he eats at least half of it by himself!


Grandma Turner's Raspberry Delight


1 package white cake mix
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 medium tub cool whip
1 package Raspberry Danish Dessert
1 3/4 cup water
2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries


Mix and bake cake as directed in a 9x13 inch pan. Cool cake completely. Mix powdered sugar, cool whip and cream cheese together and put on cake. Mix Danish dessert and water and cook as directed. Add frozen raspberries. Cool for 10 minutes and put on top of cream cheese layer.


Important notes:


*I ALWAYS cook this cake in a jelly roll pan(10x15x1). If you do, you have to double the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip. If you bake it in a 9x13, it just seems like too much.


*I use 2 regular bags of frozen raspberries. I will check the size next time I am at the store. It is a little more than what the recipe calls for.


*I put the cake in the fridge after each layer. Make sure you put something in your fridge after you put the raspberry sauce on the cake. Sometimes it will leak off of your cake a little bit and make a mess of your fridge. I think the trick is to make sure you cool off the sauce enough before you put it on the cake.


*I always put the sauce all over the cake, so it looks a little different than this picture.