ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Overnight Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oatmeal with Blueberries

Friday, June 12, 2009

Overnight Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oatmeal with Blueberries

I confess. I discovered steel-cut oats just recently. From Jamba Juice. I know. It's blasphemous. But I ate rice for breakfast growing up. I didn't know about all these grains. And now I can't stop eating them. My therapist would say it's all because of my childhood.

This is my new favourite way to cook the oats. Boil them in water. Leave overnight. In the morning, add soy milk, sugar and cinnamon and just warm the whole thing up in a couple of mintues. Then eat it with any fresh fruit or berries I happen to have.



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup steel-cut oats

  • 1 1/2 cups water

  • 1/2 cup soy milk

  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar

  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 cup (or more) fresh blueberries

Directions
  1. In a small sauce pan, bring oats and water to boil. Turn off the heat, cover and leave overnight.

  2. In the morning, the oats will be thoroughly soft. Add soy milk, sugar and cinnamon. Heat up for a couple of minutes until it's warm. Serve immediately with fresh fruit. Make 2 servings.