ta name="google-site-verification" content="LnUtT_d1nKFEi6qCVRa2VtURKXcUowdpcm2UMwFTZUk" /> hummus recipes: Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting

I was going to a friend's birthday party. She's from Mexico. Last year, she got Mexican chocolate cupcakes and she couldn't help insulting them as they were not from real Mexican chocolate. This year, I was up for another insult with my attempt at Dulce de Leche.

So I made Dulce de Leche - from scratch: whole milk and sugar and everything.



A couple of hours later, I reduced a quart of milk and 1.5 cups of sugar to a jar of dulce de leche.



I grudgingly stopped myself from licking the pot clean and made this super delicious cream cheese frosting for my chocolate cupcakes (recipe here.)

Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1 cup dulce de leche

  • 3 tablespoons butter at room temperature

  • 1 package 8 oz cream cheese

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract




After stopping myself one more time from licking the mixer bowl and whisk, I got these cupcakes.



There is no stopping now. I managed to "taste" and "quality control" quite a few cupcakes.



Time for the gym.